Welcome to the Feminine Coach theme’s documentation page!
This documentation talks about how you can install the theme on your WordPress site, how to customize the theme to suit your needs and a couple of other things that you’ll need to know to get going.
Recommended Server Requirements
Although having WordPress installed on your server is enough to install the theme, we recommend that your server meets the following versions:
- PHP version 7.0 or greater.
- WordPress version 5.1 or greater
Installing The Theme
Installing the theme is quite straightforward.
Download and save the ZIP file containing all the theme files. We’ll be using it later on.
Step 1. Go to your WordPress dashboard and head over to Appearance > Themes.
Step 2. Inside Themes, click on Add New (plus icon).
Step 3. Click on Upload Theme located near the top right.
Step 4. It will then ask you to choose the ZIP file for the theme. Navigate to and select the ZIP file for the Feminine Coach theme that you downloaded earlier. Once done, click on Install Now.
Step 5. Click on the Activate button after the theme installation finishes.
That’s pretty much it! Reload your website to see the gorgeous theme in action!
Installing Recommended Plugins
Feminine Coach Theme requires some essential plugins to be installed for some components to work: BlossomThemes Email Newsletter for the Newsletter Section, Contact Form 7 for contact forms, and Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed.
To install the plugins, follow the following steps:
Step 1. Go to your WordPress Dashboard. Head over to Plugins > Installed Plugins.
Step 2. On the top it displays a notice, asking you to install the recommended plugins. Click on Begin Installing Plugins.
Step 3. Select all the plugins and choose Install from the dropdown menu. Hit Apply.
Step 4. Head over to the Installed Plugins page once again. Select all the plugins, choose ‘Activate’ in the dropdown, and click on Apply as shown below.
That’s it. The plugins are now installed, activated, and ready to use. You’re all set!
Configuring The Theme
Now that you have the theme successfully installed, time to tweak the customization settings to make it your own!
As with all the other themes from GLThemes, the Feminine Coach theme comes with tons of customization features to truly give you full control over the look of your website.
We’ll be exploring various customization options available in the theme’s customizer in this section.
Site Identity Options
While inside the customizer, navigate to Site Identity to edit settings such as Header title and tagline, add an (optional) logo, and add a site icon (optional).
Inside Site Identity, you can add a logo via the Select Logo option, change your site’s title in the Site Title option, change the tagline in the Tagline option, and add a site icon in the Select Site Icon option.
You’ll be able to see the live preview as you edit the options.
Change Basic Appearance Settings
You can change the basic appearance of your website through the Appearance Settings option inside the customizer as shown below.
While inside the Appearance Settings option, you can change the Colors and Background Images in their respective settings.
Change Website Colors
While inside Appearance Settings, go to Colors.
Available Color Options:
- Background Color: The color of the hindmost background. Color changed for visibility. Default is #FFFFFF(white).
Change Background Image
You can add or change the background image of the whole website through Background Image settings inside Appearance Settings. By default, no background image is set.
Click on Select Image and upload the image file to the uploader. After uploading the image, you can choose variously Preset to change how the background image displays.
Front Page Settings
The front page is what makes or breaks the first impression of a visitor to your website. In the Feminine Coach theme, you’ve been given numerous options to tweak and customize various sections of the front page.
The Front Page includes the following sections: Banner Section, Sign Up Section, About Section, Service Section, Counter Section, Portfolio Section, Call to Action (CTA) Section, Woo Commerce Section, Client Section, Partner Section, Blog Posts Section, Appointment Section, Instagram Section, and Sort Section.
To start customizing the front page, go to Front Page Settings while inside the customizer.
Inside the Banner Section, you can choose among the following banner types: Static/Video, Banner as Slider, and Disable Banner Section.
In the Free version, you’re given three types of banner options — Static/Video CTA Banner, and Banner as Slider. You can choose to disable the option in the Banner Options.
This banner type includes an image or a video as the background banner, banner heading, banner subheading, and Call-To-Action (CTA) buttons.
- Header Video: You can upload a video to use as the background video for the banner. Alternatively, you can also enter a URL for a YouTube video in the given field.
- Header Image: This is the background image for the banner. Try to use the recommended image size of 1920×863 pixels for best results. Optimized, small-size images are highly suggested because of their impact on site performance.
- Title, Description, CTA Buttons: Title is the main heading of the banner while Description is the subheading. What’s more, you change the labels for the CTA buttons here.
This banner type uses your posts and their content as a slider/carousel.
Button Label: Set the label for the CTA button displayed in the banner section.
Slider Auto: Enable or disable the auto sliding option of the slider.
Slider Loop: Enable or disable the looping of the sliders.
Completely removes the banner section.
The Newsletter section is generally configured to generate leads or prospects for your business. Once you’ve configured the Blossom Themes Email Newsletter plugin, you can put the required short code to set up the Newsletter.
This section is where you can add a summary of what your business delivers to your customers. Generally, this is where you can add a snippet of the About Us page.
- Section Title, Subtitle, Description, and View Button Options: This is where you can change the title, subtitle and description and description for the About Us section, which will be reflected in the banner. Moreover, you can add a link and a text to the “View More” button to direct your visitors to a relevant link.
CTA (Call-To-Action) Section
CTA section allows you to include important links and details for your visitors and prompt action from them. This, in turn, helps generate and convert more leads.
- Section Title, Subtitle, Background Image, and Button Options: Here you can change or set the section’s title and subtitle, and upload a background image (the default blue background is used if you don’t upload one), and edit the CTA button’s label and link.
This is what a typical CTA Section looks like:
Blog Posts Section
A section where your blog posts are displayed.
- Section Title and Subtitle: You can change the heading and the subheading for the section in the respective options.
- Read More text: Change the text for the Read More button.
And this is what the section looks like, after making all the necessary changes.
This is another section where you can showcase your Instagram posts to your prospective clients. For this, you’ll need to install the Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed plugin and insert the shortcode generated via the plugin.
This is what your Instagram section looks like after configuring the setup.
General Settings comprises settings that allow you to tweak several aspects of the Top Bar, Header, edit SEO Settings for your website, Post-Page settings, and Performance tweaks alongside other Miscellaneous settings.
We’ll go through each setting and sub-settings inside the General Settings of the customizer and explain what the setting does, how it impacts your website, and where you can see the changes take place.
TopBar Settings is where you can change the settings of the topmost bar of your website, most commonly used for offering notifications. Most of the settings are mostly preferences and are localized, meaning they don’t majorly impact the whole website.
- Enable TopBar: Toggle to enable or disable the top bar.
- Topbar title, Button Label, and Button Link: Here you can change the text displayed on the top bar, and the button label and link.
As the button implies, the Enable to open link in a new tab makes it so that the link in this section, if clicked, opens up a new browser tab.
Header Settings is where you can change the settings of the header of your website. Most of the settings are mostly preferences and are localized, meaning they don’t majorly impact the whole website.
- Enable Search: Toggle to enable or disable the search button in the header.
- Contact Details: You can set or modify the contact details shown on the header through these settings.
These settings apply to all the Single Posts on your website, which are generally blog posts.
- Hide Prefix in Archive Page: Enable/disable to show or hide prefix in the archive page.
- Hide Author, Posted Date, Post Views: Enable these settings to hide the Author name, Date of Publishing, and the number of views on your Single Page Posts (blog posts).
- Related Posts Section Title: You change the Related Posts heading displayed at the end of each blog post by editing this setting.
By default, the text is set to “You might also like”
Misc Settings contains a few other miscellaneous settings that affect various parts of the website.
- Scroll To Top: Toggle to enable or disable the scroll-to-top button at the lower right side of the page. Clicking on the button will automatically scroll to the top of the webpage.
Layouts are essentially how the components are displayed in a particular section or theme component — their positioning, colors, size, etc.
Consider them as themes or presets for theme sections. With different layouts, you can fully revamp and change the look of Headers, Footers, Single Posts, and so forth without having to add any code or use any plugin.
Elegant Shop comes with a variety of layouts for the Header, Sidebars, and Banner.
To start customizing layouts, head over to Layout Settings inside the customizer.
There are 3 layouts for Pages in the Elegant Shop theme. Pages include any page you create through the Admin Panel or the template pages created by us such as Contact Page, Testimonial Page, etc.
We’ll mark each layout numerically from top-right-down as you see on the screenshot above.
- Page Sidebar Layout #1: Sidebar completely disabled.
- Page Sidebar Layout #2: Sidebar on the left side of the page.
- Page Sidebar Layout #3: Sidebar on the right side of the page.
There are 3 layouts for Posts in the Elegant Shop theme. Posts include any Post you create through the Admin Panel which is generally a blog post.
We’ll mark each layout numerically from top-right-down as you see on the screenshot above.
- Post Sidebar Layout #1: Sidebar completely disabled.
- Post Sidebar Layout #2: Sidebar on the left side of the page.
- Post Sidebar Layout #3: Sidebar on the right side of the page.
How To Create A Page in WordPress
Creating pages in WordPress is a simple process. Pages can be fully custom or you can create a page with premade templates.
Follow the steps below to create a simple new page for your website:
Step 1. Log in to your WordPress Admin Panel. Go to the Pages option located in the left sidebar.
Step 2. Click on Add New at the top. You should have a screen that looks like this:
You can add titles, paragraphs, and many other blocks through the editor. For now, let’s create a basic page titled “My First Page” and a dummy text for the paragraph.
Step 3. Click on Publish button located on the righthand sidebar.
That’s pretty much it. We’ve created a page titled “My First Page”.
Here’s what the page looks like:
You can add different blocks, headings, and media files via the + button in the editor.
Set Up and Configure Contact Page
Let’s create a Contact page for your website from a ready-made template that comes with the Feminine Coach theme.
Step 1. Create a new page by following the steps described above.
Step 2. While inside the page editor, locate the Template dropdown selector menu on the righthand side, and choose the Contact page.
Step 3. You can configure other settings such as adding an Excerpt or setting the Featured Image for the page. For this demo, we’ll keep the default values. Click on Publish and then click on View Page to visit your newly created page. Here’s what it should look like:
Time to configure the theme!
Go to your Customizer and head over to Contact Page Settings to begin customizing your newly created Contact page.
- Contact Details Section: Here you can change the text for Section Title, Subtitle, Location Title, Description, Mail Title, your email address, Phone Us heading title, your phone number, and details about your hours of operation.
Ensure that the changes are reflected on the Contact Us page by publishing the changes and refreshing the page.
As expected, we can see the changes on the page.
- Google Map Section: You can embed Google Maps of your location via this section. You can always disable this section by toggling the Google Map Settings button off.
- Contact Form Section: Contact forms are essential components of a Contact page. You can add a contact form to your page by creating and configuring a form in Contact Form 7, which is a plugin we’ll use. If you don’t have the plugin installed, please refer to Installing Recommended Plugins section to learn how to install it.
You can change the form title in the Contact Form Title field. For this demo, we’ll keep it as it is.
To get a shortcode for a form configured in Contact Form 7, follow the steps below:
Note: You must have the Contact Form 7 plugin installed.
Step 1. Go to your WordPress dashboard and go to Contact page from the sidebar.
Step 2. Click on Add New to add a new contact form. Enter your form title in the given field.
Step 3. You can configure the form as you please, but for now we’ll use the default template.
Step 4. Configure the Mail settings to make sure the contact form is fully functional and sends mail to the right email address.
You can configure other settings for the form as well. For now, this will do for us. Hit the Save button.
Step 5. Copy the shortcode shown on the top.
Go back to the Contact Us Form settings, and paste the code in the Contact Form Shortcode field as shown below.
Hit Publish and refresh the Contact Us page to see the changes in action.
Recommended Image Sizes
Image sizes can impact the performance of your website, which is why we suggest you use the following sizes for images on the website (in pixels):
- Featured Posts = 440px * 304px (Width * Height)
- Portfolio Archive = 610px * 458px (Width * Height)
- Slider Image = 1920px * 853px (Width * Height)
If you have any issues with how to install the theme, set up the pages, or customize the website elements, please submit an inquiry ticket at the Support page. You can also directly mail us at [email protected]
Theme Installation Service
If the theme installation process is a little too technical for you, we offer theme installation services at an extremely affordable price. Check out our Theme Installation service page for more info.
Theme Customization Service
If you want professionals to customize the theme for you, or make internal changes to the theme’s core elements to better suit your liking, our Theme Customization service might just be the right service for you.